Rejection in its most honorable form


Life has certainly been busy for the most part. 
And what do you do when life is busy? 
Well...in most cases I responded dramatically by accepting that overwhelment (I know that's not a word) and letting it snowball my way to stress. 

There are few ways to get out of a snowball...once it's on its way downhill you have only to hope you don't hit something big-like say a break-up or taking it out on your loved ones.

Out with the New, In with the Old

I recently moved out of my apartment, with baby n husband under both arms into another place...let me set the scene of our previous place, a small one bedder made beautiful by its massive windows and light, the sunset really hit our place good and our window view was just trees as we right in the canape. I should say that it was a small one bedder with an old kitchen and bathroom but sleek modern tiles throughout and mirrored wardrobes (I'm not the real estate agent by the way).

Our new place is in Glebe, Sydney, I want to say it's an up and coming area but frankly it's been trending for a while now and I feel like I'm always the last one to know about these things. Anyway, our new place is another one bedder but where our old/modern place was in a seventies type unit block this one is a more dated building, that old kind that has high ceilings and ornate cornices and stained windows. YES...we have stained windows, every writer's dream to see something old and precious shine light and color.

So maybe it's lacking a little on the floor to ceiling windows but you can't beat real wooden floors, the old kind that show every crevice of age and line, like a fine wine, these are the things that age well and must be celebrated.

Writer's need inspiring locations, not heartless modern entrapment's and although I did love our old/modern place I have accepted with open arms and loving sighs our new/old as time place in the center of trendiville where everyone is forward thinker and ambitious and dreams of the world of tomorrow. I live with the pioneers of the future now.

But that's not why I'm posting, hell I was supposed to mention this earlier

I got my second rejection letter in the last year (12 months, I know it's still February) 

It's rejection, pure and simple but for anyone who knows the art of struggle-town and making it in the publishing world-I think this is an awesome letter, given with care and consideration and I only wish more agents responded with extensive letters like this, even if it was to say No.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luminescence 50

Luminescence 49

Luminescence 12