Luminescence 37

“It looks like you’ve got guests,” Eros said, his finger pressing the tip of his silver pocket watch. The air thrummed like a static wave, turning the hairs on Eros’s neck straight up. They had moments to decide what to do. Moments that could alter their path.
            Ramon shrugged glancing between them, “chances are they’re just clients. I deal business with all kinds,” though the beads of sweat pooling on his face indicated something else. “I don’t want trouble,” he added reading Eros’s gaze.
            “I noticed you cater to demons,” Eros hissed shooting Ramon a narrowed stare.
            Ramon replaced the fabric on the jar and pushed it across the counter, “Guess you got what you wanted, don’t gotta sugar coat you don’t like what I do. All I can tell you is dat I served my time as a Guardian, was made to do some awful shit n now I don’t care what side pays. Guys gotta make a livin somehow and Guardians and human supes don’t pay much compared to demons.”

            The jar sat on the counter obscured in its plain fabric. Eros had replaced the handkerchief he’d originally used and opted for a piece of fabric dipped in the ashes of the Portal. It was a rare piece and put a damper on the power that radiated from the jar when covered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luminescence 50

Luminescence 49

Luminescence 12