Luminescence 56

“I was thinking the same thing.”
            Eros and Marcus looked up to where Candor stood. “It wasn’t that hard to find you,” he shrugged, his hands in his tailcoat. Candor seated himself at their table. He hadn’t needed to elicit the attention of the staff, hadn’t needed to explain why he wasn’t staying at the hotel. He’d simply flicked a switch in the host’s mind and made her unsee him, made himself blend in as somebody else.
            Candor unhooked his black scarf, unbuttoning his jacket, placing it with deft fingers on the back of his chair. “The Council only provides the best for its two most treasured operatives.” It was hard to detect whether it was disdain underlying his words.
            Marcus Ambruge did not respond, move or indicate discomfort in any way.
            Eros was smooth as he drawled in that seductive voice, “It’s been an age since it’s been the three of us. As I recall you had a penchant for such luxury.”
            Candor rose from his seat, “I’m going to fill my plate with something that didn’t come out of a deep fryer. While I’m gone you can choose what you want to say to me and what you don’t but remember I will be listening in.”
            A grin tugged on Eros’s lips, “I wouldn’t expect anything less.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luminescence 55

Luminescence 49

Luminescence 42