Luminescence 4

The creature sniffed once, twice and the femur bone dropped out of its embrace. “Guardian,” it hissed dispelling the dialect and adopting the unearthly voice that could haunt a man into his grave. It hissed right through to his bones shimmering up his spine. But Marcus Ambruge had met far worse.
            “I seek answers from the Oracle of your kind”-
“Who speaks?” it hissed rising up larger with every second.
            “I am the Grimskeeper and you will answer my query.”
            “Grimskeeper,” it hissed rearing up its mass of blankets falling away to reveal layers upon layers of fat and blackness.
That tang of putrid magicke hit him across the face. “I have questions I need”-
             “Because your mother cannot give them,” said the creature.
            Marcus said nothing observing the demon almost up to his shoulders at the other end of the hut. He could not trust the distance to save him from her if she struck.
            “You bring me nothing Guardian, except questions, no trade no”-
            Marcus Ambruge tossed the small leather satchel at her feet; it clinked against the hard dusty ground. “Demon gold in its purest form.”
            The demon considered a moment and then tossed the satchel with an invisible hand back at his feet, still within reach its reach. “What use have I for such trinkets?”

            “I need to know about the girl. When will she be reborn?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luminescence 50

Luminescence 49

Luminescence 12