Luminescence 21

Eros cupped his hands in front of him. The over bright light painted Eros pale, silver and blue. He wore a low v neck grey shirt and a casual grey jacket, his hair a mop of carefree waves flecking with the light. “Ramon owns an antique shop, it doesn’t open until 10, and it is precisely”-he flicked down his sleeve to reveal a silver Tag Heuer, “8.15. Surely you don’t expect me to stand outside for an hour.” Eros cocks his head, “you are six-two. I am six foot tall. We need to feed.”
            Marcus’s gaze never left Eros, “I can suppress my hunger if the need arises.”
            “This is not the wilderness, you don’t have to starve. Besides”-Eros’s gaze flicked up, he nodded over Marcus’s shoulder. Marcus turned to the sound of footsteps. “I told you I would not tolerate secrets,” Eros’s voice had lowered and dulled, a twinkle glimmering in his eye.
            “You have only yourself to blame for this.”
            “Hey!” the voice called out behind Marcus.
            Marcus did not turn to the source of the noise, “What did you do?” the question was instilled with deathly quiet.

            Eros propped his chin on his fist, “I outsmarted the Grimskeeper.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luminescence 50

Luminescence 49

Luminescence 12